I can't believe the last time I posted to my blog was on March 17th - 3 weeks ago! So, I will bore you with a quick recap of what the Beasley's have been up to since March 17th.
We went to Vegas for 4 nights with our good friends Mark & Leslie and Emily & Jeremy! We had a great time on our much needed vacation. Isabelle missed us a bunch - my mom said she would cry in her sleep for her mommy and daddy. Our reunion was quite special. Here are some quick highlights from our trip - well my memory is still good :-)

Day 1: Made great use of the 8 free drink tickets on Southwest Airlines. When the stewardess gave us our special cocktail her exact words were "now girls don't complain they are too strong". I was like yeah right - well no complaints from us. We had a great 1st day eating at Margarittaville, dancing the night away at Carnival Court (aka outdoor bar), and having a late night snack from What-A-Burger that turned into a early morning snack. I still don't know the story but I think it took an hour to get our burgers and fries.
Day 2: Still trying to get used to the time change - none of us could sleep in :

-) The adventure for the morning was the girls buying tickets to The Price is Right show at Harrah's. We got tickets at a great price and then went to the ticket office to exchange the vouchers for our tickets. We enjoyed a nice lunch at a Mexican Catina and discussed how we couldn't even think about drinking another margarita (oh that came from the perfect margaritas the night before and the $1 margaritas from Bills). After lunch, we got a slushy drink from Fat Tuesday and hung out by the roof top pool all afternoon. That evening we had dinner at PF Changs and went to the big price is right show. Leslie and Emily were nervous all day about hearing their name called on down and I thought it would be cool but the moment we got there my stomach got in knots and I couldn't even think of being called down. Needless to say we didn't get called on down but Jeremy and Leslie did win some reward vouchers. We called it an early night as we were all exhausted from the travel day before. Oh - I forgot to mention the day before I lost my small amount of money ($60) I brought within 5 or 10 minutes in the slots. Luck wasn't with me :-)
Day 3: We attended

a Diamond Resorts timeshare presentation with Mark and Leslie which was to last 90 minutes but ended up more like 2 hours but hey we got $200 for it. I almost almost gave in and said sign me up :-) They are really good at selling you on those things. While - we were attending that - Em and Jeremy went and got our Criss Angel Believe tickets for the evening at a wonderful discounted price. We planned at meeting at Emeril's for lunch but changed our mind after seeing $19 for a poboy. That afternoon we just took it easy (made another visit to Margaritaville) and then got ready for our fun filled evening. We had dinner at House of Blues and it rocked and then went to the Criss Angel show which was spectacular (as I recall - inside joke). Against my will (another inside joke), I was dragged to the outdoor bar for some more music and dancing :-) I annoyed everyone with my "i don't want to be from Alabama joke". I think this picture accurately describes me on this evening (only this evening).
Day 4: This was our relaxing day. The girls spend the day shopping and then we met the guys for a nice dinner at Joe's which was also wonderful. We could only get reservations for 4:30 - so it was an early dinner. We took it easy that night and had a slumber party (excluding the guys) watching Leanne Rhines make her Lifetime movie appearance. No pictures from this day - guess we were pictured out :-)
THE END
What else has gone on - here are some highlights from the adventures of Isabelle:
She requested to wear a bow one day and it was on picture day. She looked so adorable!
- She went to school without her doggy last week
- She pointed out that minnie has a tail and she has a butt
- She has learned to put her hands on her hip and say "i am mad at you - I am not happy"
- She constantly says "I want something"
- She helped mommie make some cookies for the first time
- She has new favorite show in Dragon Tales
She went to the Mickey Mouse playhouse in Bham dressed in her Minnie Halloween costume
Well - I think that covers about everything that has happened in the last 3 weeks. Tommy and I went to a birthday bash for Michael Dean last Saturday and I have been super busy reading the Twlight series. I am about 1/2 done with the 3rd book, Eclipse. I was hesitant to read these as I thought they were geared to high schoolers and would be awful but OMG they are wonderful!! I have thoroughly enjoyed them.
Look for a recipe tomorrow. Everyone knows how much I like to cook so I am going to start sharing some recipes.
Yea! A new post!! Cute pics of Isabelle! I'm sure you're glad to have a "partner in crime" in the kitchen now!
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys had fun in Vegas- and I loved yoru shirt in that first pic! *wink* *wink* Cute pics of Isabelle too!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you could remember all of that! Glad to hear from you and to read the update on Isabelle. Hope to talk soon.
ReplyDelete