Let the Christmas festivities begin :-) My favorite holiday season!
We started getting in the holiday spirit last Thursday with the annual Auburn Christmas parade. It was a brrrrrr of an evening as we sipped on hot chocolate and waited for the many pickup trucks to drift by with a bunch of kids in the back (felt like I was back in my hometown watching people ride the loop). Yes, the parade was a little disappointing to say the least... After about 30 minutes, I think we saw about 5 real floats. No Christmas caroling or decorations... Here are a few highlights:

Yes, that is a gingerbread man on a riding lawn mower
Yes, a helicopter. It was pretty cool. After his arrival, we had breakfast, had our picture made, painted a toy train, made an ornament, and decorated cookies.

After the breakfast festivities, we came home and got our artificial tree out of the box and trimmed the tree. It is a little small - I am hoping I can score a good deal on a new tree after Christmas.
And to round out the weekend, I told Isabelle we would decorate a Gingerbread house. I found one at World Market that was already assembled for decorating. I didn't realize that you had to make frosting and add food coloring. Oh no - if you remember my blog from last Easter - I am not the best when it comes to frosting... Isabelle did have a blast and is very proud of her gingerbread house.
Our last holiday event will take place next Friday when we take a road trip to Chattanooga to ride the North Pole Express. We have never been to Chattanooga so I am looking forward to the trip. We are also going to pay a visit to the aquarium.
Until next time...
Now for the real fun!! We had breakfast with Santa at the Fountainview Mansion in Auburn on Saturday morning and it was awesome. When I made reservations, the owner told me to be sure to get there early as Santa would be making a grand entrance and boy did he. Santa came all the way from the North Pole via
After the breakfast festivities, we came home and got our artificial tree out of the box and trimmed the tree. It is a little small - I am hoping I can score a good deal on a new tree after Christmas.
Until next time...

The breakfast with Santa sounded like it was fun! I wish we had something like that here. And the North Pole Express sounds like a lot of fun, too!! Can't wait to see pictures from that!
ReplyDeleteChristmas is a fun time of the year! Santa coming down in the helicopter sounds awesome. I would love to ride the North Pole Express too. Sounds like you guys are having a blast this holiday season.
ReplyDeleteCute, Cute! Abbey and I did a gingerbread house too...so much fun! :) I need to post some stuff on my blog...can't wait to hear about chattanooga! :)
ReplyDelete