Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My Auburn Girl

I finally have a funny story to blog about :-)

For the past 3 weeks, Isabelle has requested to listen to the Auburn fight song and Glory Glory Auburn in the car. Isabelle would sing along to the songs in the car and it wasn't just in the car... She would constantly sing it.... For those of you who don't know the song it goes like "War Eagle fly down the field, ever to conquer, never to yield...".

Yesterday, Isabelle came home from school and whispered "Alabama beat Auburn". Tommy and I looked and each and said "what" and she said it again. I guess at school she tried singing the fight song and her teachers had to sit her down and tell her that Alabama beat Auburn and it was time to stop singing the fight song. Poor girl.

This morning when we got in the car, I asked if she wanted to listen to some Christmas music and here are her exact words:

"Yes, because Alabama beat Auburn. Why did Alabama do that? Auburn is a great team."

This marks the end of Auburn music in the car until next season.

I almost put the cute quote on my facebook status but I knew it would attract a lot of comments from all my Bama friends :-)



War Eagle and congratulations to the Auburn Tigers for being invited to the Outback bowl!

PS - Look for more frequent blog posts....

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE her little Auburn outfit - girls clothes are so super cute! Good to hear from you. Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. How precious and funny- love her outfit! Wish we could go to the bowl game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! A blog post!! Isabelle is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete