Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Memphis Trip & Terror in the Moonwalk

Well - I missed my Manic Monday post and have been slightly AWOL on my blog due to our weekend getaway. We went to visit our good friends Bryan and Erica in Memphis to celebrate their daughter, Abigail's, 3rd birthday. Isabelle was pumped all week (as pumped as a 2 year old can get) about going to see Abigail, mama and papa, and pappa Beasley. The trip there was not bad as we drove to Guin on Thursday night and then drove to Memphis on Friday. We only had to whip out the dvd player a few times on the trip as Isabelle got in a few cat naps.

Isabelle and Abigail had fun dressing up in princess clothes.

Of course they had a few episodes of fighting over the same spoon, ball, Auburn football player punching bag. If one wanted it - the other wanted it. As Erica said, they would both want a pile of poop if it was there. I heard there was a moment in the barbie car when they both wanted to control the radio. Abigail wanted to turn it up and Isabelle wanted to turn it down. Now - I am sure us adults have this problem all of the time :-)

For the birthday, Erica and Bryan rented a Strawberry Shortcake Moonwalk.

This is when terror stroke - let me set the stage - Isabelle was in the moonwalk with about 10 other children bouncing right near the net so she could keep an eye on me. All of a sudden out of nowhere, a little girl in a red/white check outfit grabbed onto Isabelle and pulled her down. Then she climbed on top of her her like she was trying to embrace her in a bear hug but instead her hands moved around her neck. It looked as if she was trying to choke my daughter- hands wrapped around her neck squeezing. I go into panic mode and start yelling - someone help - whose daughter is this on top of my daughter and I described her. All of the other mommies gathered around and told the little girl to let go and they requested help from the older boy in the moonwalk but nothing worked. I guess I was just a little in shock and didn't even think about getting into the moonwalk to get my baby out. So, one of the other mommies went in and pried Isabelle from the girl's death grip and delivered her to me. I actually had tears in my eyes. Some onlookers thought it was like Chucky from Child's Play or something. Later on I was told that she was just trying to give Isabelle a hug and doesn't know how to do it quite gently ;-). After that, every time the girl would start to come near us, we would think of the jaw music. I feel bad and now that I look back at it - it is quite a funny moment - wish I would have captured it on camera or video.

Just beware of young toddlers - they are not as innocent as they look :-) Just kidding! All in good fun!

It is wonderful seeing Isabelle learn to share and play with other children. She now talks about Abigail all of the time. She pretends to call her on the phone, she says my room in pink like Abigail's room, etc... Below is a video of Isabelle's first moonwalk experience.
Have a wonderful Tuesday!

PS - Erica don't hate me for writing this post. I just couldn't resist - it is such a funny story.

4 comments:

  1. I soooo wish you had a video! I could just hear you yelling for them to get the crazy kid off of Isabelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I love this post- I don't even know that other kid or her mom...you had every right to be upset, I would have been kicking butt and taking names if it was Abigail being strangled.
    I'm just glad Belle was ok :)
    YOu forgot to mention that after the party was over, all of us adults got in the moon bounce- wish we had a video of that! I had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dun dun dun dun haha the part about the Jaws music was great! I wish you had video too. Sounds like you had a good weekend though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I wish there was video. There was one mom taking all kinds of pictures - I wonder if she captured it. Seriously, I felt like a shark was after my daughter.

    We did have a blast in the moon walk after all of the kids were gone. I am surprised the guys didn't take picture of us jumping around.

    ReplyDelete